The Marketing Manager will hold a crucial role in the organization working closely with the Marketing Director to support all areas of marketing initiatives to support the organization’s strategic plan. This role is critical to ensuring the organization moves forward into the next stage of growth.
As the ideal candidate, your experience likely includes marketing manager or equivalent experience at a B-to-B organization, you’ve worn many hats and love variety. You’re experienced at writing, editing and developing collateral materials, newsletters, social posts and a range of marketing materials as needed. You are tech savvy, and have implemented drip email campaigns in a marketing automation system, utilized CMS (Content Management System) such as WordPress and are comfortable with photoshop. You are also very organized, have experience collaborating across functions and working with freelancers, and can manage many different campaigns and types of campaigns at the same time.
We are a rapidly growing niche leadership development provider to global Fortune 500 organizations. We offer unique executive leadership programs. Most of our offerings are experiential programs at unique locations such as battlefields, Elite Athlete training facilities or government sites such as NASA’s Space Centers. Our clients consist of senior leaders and high potential individuals and groups from Fortune 1000 companies. We are exclusively B-to-B; our primary sales targets are leaders of Talent Development, our primary attendee audiences are executives, executive teams and high potential leaders. We are a small but high performing team and are seeking a qualified high-performing professional to join our team.
- Marketing Campaigns: Supports all marketing campaigns through all channels (email, social, blog, SEO, etc); such as:
- Copy Writing and Editing: Blog – editing copy from copywriters, ensuring marketing content calendar is followed, seize opportunities for relevant timely content (i.e. newsworthy items that we should write about); writing or editing weekly marketing copy for newsletter/s, writing occasional blog posts;
- Conferences and industry events – booking vendor and sponsorship opportunities, planning materials, booth set up/design; may attend industry events as well
- SEO Projects: Procure quality backlinks, securing guest blogging relationships, ensure on-page optimization, and offer suggestions on how to improve organic search traffic metrics.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Utilize photoshop to resizing photos and adapt as needed; InDesign
- Marketing Materials: creates and regularly updates marketing materials that are available for download from website and sales team’s resources.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Website & Social:
- Website: Along with MD, edits and updates website regularly, posts blog and optimizes SEO for all pages on site; works with marketing partners and contractors to continue seamless operations of website.
- Social: manages social media, posting, responding to followers’ comments and interactions, monitoring audience, strategic following
- Branding: Support branding initiatives through customer surveys, interview and other market research initiatives; reviews of marketing and sales materials for adherence to branding and style guide
- Strategy: Supports the marketing strategy through researching channels and marketing opportunities as needed; works with Marketing Director to shape strategy;
- Monitors and tracks inbound leads’ sources
- Contributes ideas to strategic plan, content calendar and campaign initiatives
- Business Intelligence
- Creates and maintains competitive analysis
- Supports MD through research and analysis of data
- Data & Analytics:
- Sets up all custom URLs and UTM codes for trackable links
- Collects and aggregates analytics for all campaigns and marketing channels (website, social, email etc.); works with MD in analysis of metrics
- Supports marketing budget by negotiating best rates, and
- tracking expenditures with finance team and MD
- Excellent writing skills; excellent verbal skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- A tech savvy creative – Working knowledge of WordPress, Pardot or marketing automation tool
- Basic knowledge of: Adobe Suite, (InDesign and Photoshop), Social media tools, Google Analytics and Search Console, Freelancer websites; Social site (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook)
- 3 – 5 years directly related professional experience
- Business Degree in Marketing, related degree or commensurate experience
- Strong knowledge of leadership development theories and practices is helpful but not required
- Experience in a B-to-B marketing environment
- Highest degree of integrity and a self-starter; must be comfortable working on a remote team
- Strong client focused communications skills including written and phone communication and equally strong internal communications
- Able to manage own workload proactively while collaborating with key team members on a very regular basis through video, phone and chat
- This position is a consultant (work-from-home) role and not an employee position. Full-time hours expected but not guaranteed. We do not provide office space, capital equipment, or fixtures. We do hope the right candidate will be co-located with another team member so that occasional in-person meetings will be an option.
- Preference given to EST or CST time zone candidates
- Will include occasional travel in the United States
- As a contractor position it does not include employment benefits or health coverages. Contractor will invoice for hours worked and expenses with supporting documentation.